Thursday, January 26, 2012

Welcome to the Awakening

 We stand on the precipice of a new dawn, one feared by some and anticipated by many. It was only a matter of time before we reached this inevitable conclusion and this sentiment has been shared by our ancestors going back thousands of years. Many have said that it was the tragic events of September 11th, 2001 that had awoken the sleeping giant but in fact this giant continued it's slumber. We as a people have witnessed some amazing things this year, both spiritual and physical but we have also witnessed many travesties. Both the good and bad were necessary to bring us to this day. Without the awakening of our brothers during the still ongoing “Arab Spring”, the economic collapse of the western world and the unveiling of our world leaders moral ineptitude, none of this would have been possible. Yes I know the corruption of our leaders isn't really lost on anyone but the recent and blatant disregard to the people and the earth (to whom we owe our lives) is what sent this runaway train we call democracy over the edge. It wasn't just the war of aggression perpetrated on the people of Iraq under false pretenses, nor the oil volcano spewing out in the gulf and its dismal aftermath, it wasn't even the economic collapse of 2008 and the subsequent bailouts paid to the organizations that enslave us with our own money and not even the Fukushima disaster that continues to unfold. I mean come on, we know the government and corporations have always put profit before people but they have never done so with the indifference they we see today.
Make no mistake, the 1% that controls the other 99% is scared and I don't think it is simply because of a few thousand people occupying a park in New York. It has been foretold. A new beginning is presented to us and we only need to embrace it. You see in the media that the movement has no message but I say to the media who are intent on downplaying the significance, that there is a message but it is lost on you. We have no demands for you, because if we did, you would be incapable of meeting those demands. We are the 99% and no longer will we be enslaved. Our brothers and sisters across the world in every nation, of every race and creed, have looked to us and saw only lazy Americans but today they stand in solidarity because we have finally reached our tipping point. I mean no offense when I say this as I truly believe the people of every nation have strength but they realize without the will of the people in a nation with the mightiest military they won't be able to reach the critical mass that is needed. We have finally reached that event horizon where there is no going back, only forward. The giant's slumber has come to an end, the giant is awake, the giant knows. Welcome to a new dawn where we as a people decide our own path and make our own decisions for our future. We don't need to be coddled, we don't need to be protected from ourselves and we certainly don't need wars without end that hurt untold thousands, nay, millions of innocents to enrich the few. I stand proud and feel fortunate to be on this earth during such a magnificent time in our development.

No comments: